We are looking forward to the opportunity to worship in person again. While we know some are ready and eager to come back to the building, we realize others are not and that is okay. Online Worship Gathering options are provided each week and we encourage those who are not quite ready to attend in person to take advantage of those resources. We value our time of worshipping together each Sunday, in-person and remotely.
What to Know Before Attending
For now, we only offer on-site Worship Gatherings on Sunday mornings. We will advise about other gathering times as we go forward.
- 8am: for those without smaller children
- Also available via livestream
- Sign language interpreter available
- 11am: for families with smaller children
There are no onsite classes and no Kids’ Ministry activities or Nursery.
- 9:30am: Online classes for adults
- 10:30am: Online communion service; contact Stan Wilson, Minister of Christian Formation: Education, for Zoom connection information
Those Encouraged to Remain at Home
As we walk into this new environment, we are somewhat experimenting as we go. Therefore, to give us time to work out any logistical issues, we ask that everyone older than 64, people with disabilities, people with serious respiratory or cardiovascular conditions and people who are immunocompromised not attend at the building.
- Confirm you and your family members do not have a fever. If you have had a fever in the last 48 hours, do not attend.
- Sanitize your hands with soap or sanitizer. Prepare to utilize hand sanitizing stations at the building, if needed.
Loving Your Neighbor
- Face coverings are encouraged. If you forget your face covering, a limited supply of masks is available by asking an usher.
- Do not attend if you or a family member:
- Has been in close contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19, is experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or sore throat.
- Has had a fever in the last 48 hours.
- Has had a new loss of taste or smell.
- Has experienced vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours.
- Suspects that they might have been exposed to COVID-19.
Steps to Attend a Worship Gathering
- Only the Main Entrance (Rockland Road side of the building) is used for entering the building. All other entrances are locked.
- Do not congregate together in the Front or Back Lobby, hallways, classrooms, aisles, parking lot or anywhere else on campus. Make sure you and your children observe principles of social distancing.
- Take a single serving communion pack upon entry.
- Enter the Auditorium and find a place to sit.
- Use every other row, as indicated.
- Family units sit at each end of a pew with at least six feet between units. Only sit with your immediate family and do not come closer than six feet to anyone not in your immediate family.
- After communion:
- Ushers pick up trash as well as the offering using the empty rows. Congregants are not passing trays.
Minimize your movement throughout the facility.
- No water fountain use. Bring your own water, if needed.
- Coffee is not available.
- Restrooms available for emergencies only.
- No bulletins or other printed items are available.
- Doors are propped open to minimize exposure to surfaces.
- Use side doors to exit as instructed at conclusion of service.
What if someone that attended a worship gathering tests positive?
Alert the Church Office if you test positive for COVID-19 within two weeks of attending an on-site Worship Gathering or other event. We have a cleaning policy in place to disinfect the building. We also have a plan to communicate with the congregation the appropriate precautions and response we are taking so we can safely continue meeting.