We want our family to stay in touch. A phone call or face-to-face conversation is always best. But how do we stay up-to-date with important, more personal news across the larger church family?
Realm can help.
After you set up your Realm account, you can join the Family News group and receive updates on births, hospital stays, funeral arrangements, baptisms weather-related worship gathering updates and more.
These instructions assume you have a Realm account and are logged in to Realm on one of the below devices. Contact Brian Holaway if you need a Realm account.
iOS app (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch)
– Tap News
– Tap the search icon in the top right corner
– Search for “Family News”
– Tap the search result “Family News”
– Tap Join
Your request to join the group is sent to group leaders. Once approved you can view Family News-related updates such as sympathies, births, baptisms, showers, the hospital list and more.
Most Android phones and tablets follow these steps:
– Tap the menu icon in the top left corner
– Tap Groups
– Tap Join
Desktop or Laptop Browser
– In the upper right corner, search for “Family News”
– Click the search result
– Click Join
– Do not use Internet Explorer with Realm. Use Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
– Be sure you are using the most recent version of the Realm Connect app. Install the update, if needed.
– For help with email notifications only, log into Realm via a computer, click your name and then Email Settings.
– For help with email notifications and push (phone) notifications, open the app and go to Settings. Choose Family News and select the notification settings that are right for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I get a Realm account?
A: Invitations were sent in September 2017. If you didn’t receive your email invitation, contact Brian Holaway, Director of Communications.
Q: Why isn’t everyone automatically added to the Family News group?
A: We want to be respectful of your personal information. This includes your email address. While Realm offers a very user-friendly way to stay informed, we don’t assume you want every piece of information available. Thankfully, Realm allows you to choose what information you receive. More options are planned for the future, including ministry-specific updates.
In the past, information was given to us. Today, we choose what information we receive, what TV shows we watch, and more. We also choose when to receive these updates. Realm helps us fit modern expectations for communications by allowing you to choose what updates to receive and when to receive them.